Equality & Diversity
The College celebrates and values diversity among its learners and workforce. The College treats all members of the College community with respect and dignity, and seeks to promote a positive working and learning environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
The College seeks to eliminate prejudice and discrimination in both direct and indirect forms and no member of the College community will be disadvantaged for reasons associated with any of the following characteristics:
- Gender reassignment/transgender
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Race, ethnic or national origin
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Social class
Equality and Diversity Objectives:
- Objective 1: To improve the performance of female learners, aged 16-18, on Long Level 2 provision from a baseline of 78% success rate in 2011-12 to 82% success rate in 2012-13.
- Objective 2: To improve the performance of female learners, aged 16-18, on Short provision from a baseline of 81% success rate in 2011-12 to 87% success rate in 2012-13.
- Objective 3: To eliminate the differential performance of male and female Apprentices by improving the success rate for females so that there is no discernible difference.
- Objective 4: To increase the participation of learners from Black and/or or Minority Ethnic backgrounds from a baseline of 5.3% in 2011-12 to equal the local demographic of 5.9%.
- Objective 5: To increase the proportion of staff from Black and/or Minority Ethnic backgrounds from 1.7% in 2011-12 to 3% of the total workforce in 2012-13.
- TyneMet College and Virgin Med
- TyneMet College Students Victo
- TyneMet Students Flourish with
- 100% Achievement for Foundatio
- TyneMet College Basketball Coa